Took my new little point-and-shoot out for a walk today. I wanted to get a handle on its abilities and features.
At first I was a bit frustrated. It wasn’t very cooperative and didn’t seem to want to focus. I did some trial-and-error button-pushing and finally figured out its macro settings and white balance options and eventually came back with some good shots.
I spent about 2 hours going through the instruction manual, page by page, which isn’t like me. (Yes, I’ll admit I like to discover things the hard way sometimes.) I went through all the features and even set up a custom white balance setting, which I now plan to try to do with little shot‘s big brother.
I’m pleased with the flexibility of this point-and-shoot. It’ll allow me to continue to explore using my own settings to get the effects I’m looking for and won’t be as limiting as I feared it might be after having my Rebel to play with.
Here’s a few of today’s shots.